Saturday, October 2, 2010

Yolihuani et sa bicyclette

Maybe it is just that I have not met you; our paths have not taken us to the same place... maybe later but not yet. As the leaves start to invade the sidewalks I try to recap again; because that is what I do now, recap so I will not forget, so I will not select certain memories. This time, I want to notice the different seasons so when the spring comes I will not find myself sitting on the sidewalk with my white coat thinking that winter is perpetual. I am doing things differently this time just so the ride to the airport will seem shorter than it usually is. I am taking a different path this time just so if we ever meet I'd smile at you and hopefully I'd be able to ask you what you have to say.
Maybe we did meet, but you did not see me biking and I did not noticed you walking. I don't blame you; I was biking with no inspiration, following everyone on the bike lane on Harbord St. Probably I assumed that you were walking, just walking, and you were just another number in this city with nothing new to tell me. You need to understand that I was his feet, he was my light. To me you could not understand me, no one could, and that is why I did not even tried to explain. Sorry, probably you could had; you see it was more like I spent too much time with boring, plain, selfish, superficial people that I just decided that it was not worth giving it a try.
J'ai vu tes fleurs et je ne savais pas ou j'etais.
C'est un reve, je m'ai dit meme
C'etait quoi cette connerie et la byciclette?
Je ne l'avais pas compris a ce moment
Pardon, je l'ai compris trop tard.
Comme tout la vie, merci.

Maybe it is simpler than this; perhaps you saw me daydreaming on the subway while I was going to the opposite direction. Perhaps we smiled at each other at Sherbourne station but because for me it is already too East, I did not notice you. Tezcatlipoca warned me about you, he knew that you were going to follow me, find me, desire me, enchant me, love me, and take me. He knew you wanted me now that our contract is over... you see I think he gave you the wrong description. You couldn't hear the black hills nor see the long black hair, I lost my Quetzal feathers and the silver chain along the way. Parfois il t'a parle de mes reves, de mes amours, de mes desirs, de mes frustations, de mes voyages et de mes pieds aussi. He told me that your beauty was going to blind me, that your voice was going to enchant me, that your touch would make me follow you... I am sorry to disappoint you, the omen was broken. Tezcatlipoca lost me during the summer and you were three months too late. I didn't want it to happen that way; they saw me crafting flowers in the shape of papalotl sitting on the ruins of another empire. "Yolihuani" they said, Pas Yolihuani, je m'appelle Mariele... et comme ca ils m'ont donne l'equilibre et la bicyclette.

No comments:

Post a Comment