Sunday, November 15, 2009

El Porvenir de mis Recuerdos

Suddenly the fog appears, invading the leave-less threes. 
 Last Farsi class, research for that big essay,
$30,000 short for the "project of my life", presentation on the last class
I did not even know there was going to be a final exam.

Do you tell people the truth of how did things happen if this is going to ruin their memories?
 Am I romanticizing my memories as an excuse to get back to you?
Is your memory blurring the decisions we are taking?
When did we stop memorizing each other's words and started focus on something else?

 This once self-imposed Alzheimer took control over my memories
at first I was sure it was me who was classifying the ones I wanted to see,
your eyes, their voice, their smiles, the napkin, that subway line, the train ride, 
her face, our stars, my two books and the purple shoes.
It all ended when I started to over-analyse what do those memories mean
I alienated so many memories so they would not hurt, so I would not miss you 
and somehow here I am not only forgetting them but also myself.
The oppressed rising up against the oppressor, 
the oppressor managing to silence the oppressed... 
we all know how does the story end. 

"You must a very bright person" No, I am just bored. 
Toma de fotos, incesantes flashes, sillas vacias, y una esquina sin retorno
Movimiento transnacional de personas con constante nostalgia de lo que alguna vez llamaron hogar.. et ca se passe comment si je suis une SDF?
where is my plane ticket? I don't like this electronic excuse!
Jugar sobre el tablero del cosmpolitanismo tiene sus complicaciones
¿soy yo la que lo veo muy tarde? ó ¿simplemente me olvidé de tomarlo en cuenta?
 El recuerdo de mi porvenir previsto bajo las estrellas intermintentes lejos está de acercarse a lo que le espera a mi memoria del presente cuando el porvenir se acerque al pavimento lleno de nieve.

11% out of the 200 Years of Solitude were well lived.
What do I do with the other percent that will take more in the years to come?
Do I get my USB to save the memories I need to narrate the story once again?
Oh yeah... I should just upload them that way you do not need to see my face. 
"Félicitations, Maria" For what? I was just doing my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment