Monday, November 30, 2009

Meeting with Tezcatlipoca

I have played your game and I am satisfied
In the masquerade of eternal night
I did not take off the pink mask,
you said the night would lead me to the waltz.

I played the game as we agreed:
I dance across the land wearing the black high-hills
you let me look through the black mirror
I am your feet, you become the light.

I am not what you think I am,
I knew I had to moderate my opinions from the start
you were not going to tolerate my blasphemies
I anticipated you wouldn't play otherwise.

Let it be clear; this was a 'fair' game
it was inherently based on reciprocity
I used you, you used me
there were no hidden promises nor unfulfilled expectations.

After four years your feet were swollen
after 52 months my eyes were blinded
the black light merged with the rocky floor
I was frustrated and you were bored.

We sat down together on the red couch
and gave up in order to make voodoo dolls
I joked about my dreams of changing the world
you laughed about your idea of selling my soul.

I confessed that I do envy them for having what I gave up
you suggested that I should cut the crap between us
when our contract is over it would be only me and the sun
wake up Mariele, your essay still has to be done before dawn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment