Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Please Identify Me as a Happy 'Emo.'

My currency is valued on coffee beans
my kallos is defined on the number of pages I read
your opinion about me is not worth a cocoa leaf
my soul is far away from the place it used to be.
My lips want to move my feet,
my breath wants you to kiss my legs
wearing those red hills.
The idea of buying a last-minute plane ticket
does not longer make me sick.
I said I was going to be part of the equation,
please put your art on the side
and understand my politics of self-preservation.
My happiness is not longer drowned in a glass of rum
I no longer wait in the valet-parking line for a tequila shot,
your jelousy and paranoia can not touch me anymore, 
my emptiness has been fulfilled like never before. 
Let me confess that I've found a different kind of love
one that is here every night and I don't even have to touch.
Please let us cut the bullshit, let us not keep on waiting,
leave me alone with my rhetoric so you can go back to your painting.
I've found a family that I can trust,
for the first time I don't feel alone
I'm not longer hunted by an incoherent normative judge,
I don't longer hide behind my books,
my friends could care less about my bizarre looks.
We share what they would call intenseness
but with them I'm not afraid of being myself
we are so passionate and they so careless
I feel so full of life that there is no space for emptiness
for they are so intelligent that I'm never bored,
excuse me, my intention has never been rhyming all along.
My doubts are forever gone,
I found in an address-less space
a place that I can call home.
I'm sorry if I'm hurting you
that was by no means my intention, 
but time has passed, and as opposed to many I had no 
plans to wake up and finding myself in the old routine,
friday after friday, night after night. 
I can't pretend that we are still in 2005 .
I was tired of that fake and shallow life.
The only reason I'm thankful of Frosh Week,
was the colonizer effect you had on me.
Por favor sigueme inspirando al escribir
tu apoyo hasta ahora es lo que me permitido seguir.
Je sais pas si c'est a cause de la caféine 
mais tu es vraiment devenu mon meillieure amie.
Ese cigarro cambió para siempre mi vida 
ahora esta llena de pastries, spanglish y es híbrida,
no me importa si nuestros planes nunca se realizan 
al menos por ahora son esos sueños los que me reaniman. 
This has been so hard, but now it is paying back
Don't take it personal; my love will always be there
it is just that at least for today I can say that I have found
what I was looking for when I left, a place far from you 
where I could actually be happy while being myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment